Abd AL Qadir Muhammad B Abdullah (1312 H/1894 CE-1391 H/1971 CE) عبد القادر,محمد بن عبد الله
He was born in Al-Mubarraz, a town in Al-Ahsa’ province (Eastern Saudi Arabia), where he received his primary education from scholars in his family. He learnt from them the basics of the Islamic creed, Arabic Language and its sciences, Qur’anic interpretation, Hadith and jurisprudence according to the Shafe`ee School. The quality of the scholars who taught him can be judged from the fact that as he matured, king `Abdul `Azeez appointed him as a judge in Al-Mubarraz where he also delivered sermons in its main Mosque in 1925. He also headed the first education directorate since its inception in 1940 till its dissolution in 1946, In addition to this, he carried out his work as a teacher in two schools in the city while he also did research work. A seminar used to be conducted on Wednesdays every week in his farm, east of Al-Mubarraz, and attended by poets, literati and well-read people.
After his death, his personal library, rich in hand-written and other books, was transferred to King Faisal University for the use of students and researchers.
A book on the ancient and modern history of Al-Ahsa’. It has two chapters; the first deals with the region’s history up till the Saudi reign, containing information on the lineages of the natives, and geography of the villages, wells and springs. The first print came in 1960 with comments by Hamad Al-Jassir. The second chapter was on knowledge and literature in the capital of Al-Ahsa’ province, Hajar. It was indexed and published by Muhammad Zuhayr Al-Shaweesh in 1963 in Damascus. The whole book was published again, funded by the Prince of Qatar.
Selections of poems by `Abdul-Qadir’s family, were published in 1964.